Monday, July 26, 2010

Out, Out, Darn Port

Another milestone today ... my 'permanent' port was removed. So much for permanence. For the first time in over a year I no longer have foreign objects in my body. I am free of wires and tubes.

Susan said, "Mom, you are free at last." She is so right. I am free of those obnoxious tubes and wires protruding from my body. I am free to take a full body shower. (No more standing at the basin washing up as far as possible, then washing down as far as possible, then washing 'possible.' I am free to put more than my toes in Susan and Chris' pool and hot tub. (Time to get a bikini wax!) I am free to roll over in bed without my 'call button' cord catching in the tubes and wires. Free to wear a shoulder seat belt properly instead of tucking it under my arm. Yes, indeed, I am free at last!

Tomorrow is another dialysis day. I will close for now so I can go to bed and sleep without tubes and wires attached to my body for the first time since July 6, 2009.

God Bless You All

No comments:

Post a Comment