Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thoughts after Surgery

I had another surgery today. There's a long story (of course) behind it. Saved for another time. I'm still on recovery meds and have the typical random thoughts. I decided to sum up my story in a song parody. My veins are particularly tiny and active 'rollers.' That's what the medical pros call them. Hence, my following parody of TINY BUBBLES: TINY ROLLERS By Bonita Grumme With apologies to Don Ho (original artist) Martin Denny and Leon Pober (writers), Wayne Newton and Rex Allen (additional artists). Written 4/13/15 after surgery (still on meds) Tiny rollers (veins) In the hands, Can’t be stuck, Even with bands. (tourniquets) Tiny rollers. Called more nurses With a feeling that they couldn’t help. So they call for aid. So here’s to Dr. Orth, (Anesthesiologist) And here’s to the ankle vein And mostly here’s to dear daughter, Joann. (kept my mind busy with funny stories) So here’s to the Propofol, They gave to me today. And here’s to thanks That will not fade away. Tiny rollers Did their ‘thing.’ Dr. Boone My Earthly ‘King.’ Tiny rollers Helped find the clot Dr. ‘broke’ it. I thank a lot. So here’s to the surgery team Nurses Gary, Kathy and Nancy And here’s to Dr. Boone Who sewed me up ‘fancy.’ So here’s to my Facebook Friends Who sent up prayers above And mostly here’s To my Dear Lord of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment