Sunday, August 1, 2010

AUGUST IS HERE!!!

By the sounds of the weather reports, August has entered as expected ... HOT!

That isn't going to slow me down. I have much to do and can't let a little thing like heat stop me.

I am trying to copy all the posts to my CaringBridge website so I can relate to them when I get my book in full gear. This is a website that my granddaughter, Katie, started when I first became ill last summer. Susan, Joann, Katie, and Chris all entered posts almost daily. It was at a time that I couldn't do much communicating and apparently from the posts I've read, I wasn't at my best in communication. Go figure! I was once known as quite the talker (still am by some), quite the writer, quite the speaker. But a couple of 'little things' (MRSA and Meningitis) have tried to stop my communication skills. Sorry fellows, you didn't stop me, you just slowed me down. But I've found my bootstraps and am pulling myself up, slowly but surely.

I am constantly amazed as I read the posts my family have made. It is truly a sad story and has brought me to near tears as I read what all they have gone through in supporting me as I recovered. I am so grateful that they have kept this and a handwritten journal (which I've yet to read). I had no idea how bad my illness really was. I remember some of the pain and frustration, but not nearly all of it. Thank You, Jesus.

Fortunately, I no longer have pain except occasionally in dialysis treatment. However, I do still get frustrated by my limitations. But now the frustrations give me reason to try harder to overcome my limitations. Above all, I have learned patience and humility. Now that's hard for a Type A personality, believe me.

Enough said for this entry. Let's all try to enjoy August. It may be a warm month, but come January, we'll be missing it.

Blessings to all who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment